We have only one home and while its inhabitants (especially humans) seem to be growing at a rapid pace, the amount of space available and the resources on offer are limited. There is only that much the planet can take before things start going down in a bad way and while we have not reached the tipping point yet, the pace at which we are going indicates that we are not too far off. That is precisely why there is a growing clamor for going green and conservation of natural resources.
When it comes to saving paper (and hence trees), technology and the advent of emails and PDF files has meant that you can do away with its usage to a very large extent at offices, which traditionally have been some of the biggest culprits of paper wastage.
Here is how you can be a part of the ‘green wave’ as well.
1) Instead of memos and dispatches that carry just a couple of lines on the paper, use emails and text messages that ensure that there is no wastage of paper. Also ask those in office to print such material, only if it is absolutely necessary to get a hard copy of it.
2) PDF editors and other technology on offer can help reduce the actual usage of paper and to fill in forms and applications without printing them several times over. The likes of Infix PDF allow you to do so easily without any fuss whatsoever and it also makes the entire work process streamlined and convenient.
3) Use advanced scanning systems and software that allow you to get a digital copy of the ads, applications, brochures and other material that you need and then modify them as when needed. This way, more than one person can use the digital copies and there is no need for several hard copies.
4) Buy carefully and do not really order any brochures or subscribe promotional magazines that you intend to just put in the bin. Bring in supplies and diaries that you know are only an absolute must and even in this case opt for recycled, unbleached and uncolored paper.
5) Recycle paper whenever possible and reuse as much as you can. If your office uses paper cups for coffee, then take your own coffee mug along with you. This not only cuts down the usage of paper, but also adds a little something to your work space.